Monday, January 26, 2015

Love Your Body

   So I noticed lately that there is a lot of encouragement in the world to love your curves and embrace your size aimed at larger women. I understand this is a confidence booster for those who hate their bodies,  but I feel like this new movement is missing the point.

   I agree that all women of all the different shapes and sizes should love their bodies.  They should love their bodies so much that they should want to take care of it. It is the only body we ever get to have. Imagine if we were only allowed to purchase 1 car in our lifetime. I'm site everyone would keep up regular maintenance and would be more cautious not to wreck the car. the same thing kind of goes for our bodies.  They're are plenty of diseases and conditions that are a result v of being overweight that can drastically affect our lives or the quality of life.

   In our teens,  20's, and out 30's being overweight is not much a big deal. The majority of women don't have any problems Accept for maybe high blood pressure or high cholesterol. bit as we get older and stay to become Middle Aged, our bodies may not be able to take so much of the abuse. Hormone imbalances, heart disease, cancer... chances of those increase as we age and further increase for those who are overweight. Why make ourselves susceptible to that.

   On top of all of that,  how much fun ate you having being over weight?  No,  this is not sarcasm. Imagine your friends want to do something like go bike riding or go hiking. Would you join them knowing that it may be physically exhausting?  What about your kids? Whether you have them now or later,  would you play a game of tag with them, play soccer worry them,  or play basketball worth them know that it will toe you out? Some may say yes,  to those people I salute you. However I know there are some that would say no to at least 1 of these things because it sounds either too hard or they don't want to slow others down.

   I personally would not go swimming. Even when I did have the courage to put on a suit,  I would just sit in thend pool or walk along the shoe if the beach.  I wouldn't physically swim... even though my daughter wanted me to swim with her. And it's not because I don't have the skill (trust me I'm like a fish) but it's because I would start huffing and puffing after a short time.

  And don't even get me started on sex.  My husband would suggest a position that would require me to do all the work or some sort of flexibility and I would either disagree so that I wouldn't disappoint him or I would try it,  tire myself out,  then end up disappointing both of us.

 Anyhow, I want people to love their bodies,  even if that means watching their weight.  Not so they can look good,  but so they can feel good,  and not HAVE to limit themselves from life.

No comments:

Post a Comment