Monday, January 26, 2015

Find Your Niche

    The first time I lost weight I was really into Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis routine. I bought the DVD bundle and was super excited to get started. I followed the diet plan and did the workouts religiously. After 90 days I looked amazing and I was a huge fan and supporter of the program. When it came time to get fit agin I turned to my trusty DVD set but for the life of me I could not get into it. I did it for 1 week then gave up. The moves were challenging again but I was bored.

   I wasn't sure what I was going to do, so I borrowed a friends fitness DVD set and that too seemed boring, although challenging. My husband indirectly called me lazy but I knew it wasn't that. Staring at a TV screen while working out did not interest me anymore. That's when I started running. I hadn't actually ran out in the open in nearly 10 years. I had hated running ever since I could remember but would do it when I had to. Never did I think I would run voluntarily. After about a week I was in love. The crisp air (it is winter) in my lungs, the cold breeze in my face, my heart racing, and my feet pounding the pavement... I love it all.

  Your niche will change as time passes. Don't stick with something that you are bored with or that you hate just because it worked in the past or someone told you it worked for them. Find what works for you, what excites you, what you love to do. You may not find it right away but keep on searching until you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment